- Join in with the Great British Spring Clean - 24th March
- Install a large octagonal two tier flower barrel near the Bus Shelter
- Plant shrubs, grown from cuttings, in bare patches in Station Approach
- With the help of Epping Forest DC, plant three new trees in the High Street
- Tidy up the frontage of Essex House
- Maintain the two rose beds; behind the Budworth Bus Shelter and Library
- Continue to work with Chipping Ongar Primary School and 3rd Ongar Scouts
- Maintain, water and replant as necessary OIB's 9 railing planters and 12 barrels
- When funds are available place barrels outside Boatman's Opticians, the Library and the Budworth Hall
- When funds are available place planters beneath the Town Sign
Project 1: New Railing Troughs
In 2017 OIB installed and planted up nine troughs opposite the Budworth Hall
Project 2: Chipping Ongar Primary School Gardening Club
In March 2017 OIB restarted the Gardening Club ↓
Project 3: Ongar Town Guide
OIB were involved with the production of the New Ongar Town Guide.
Project 4: Two Flower Barrels →
OIB installed two new flower barrels in September.
Project 1: Creation and fundraising
OIB was formed in March 2016 to try to make Ongar a greener, cleaner and more beautiful town. The first year involved setting up the organisation, fundraising and acquiring permissions to install new planters.
Project 2 : Planting 5,000 Crocuses
In October 2016 OIB, with the help of Rotary and 3rd Ongar Cubs & Scouts, planted 5000 purple crocuses in recognition of the success of the End Polio Now Campaign
Ongar in Bloom for a more beautiful town. Email us