1. Establish the Adopt a Tree, Planter or Area scheme.
2. Maintain OIBs planters and areas.
3. Continue to work with Chipping Ongar Primary School.
4. If volunteers are available, to organise replacement of plastic barrels with Amberol reservoir barrels in order to ease summer watering requirements.
5. If volunteers are available, place two new Amberol reservoir barrels outside the Budworth Hall.
9 Heroes ....14 bags of rubbish collected ....
- Join in with the Great British Spring Clean - 24th March √ Completed
- Install a large octagonal two tier flower barrel √ Completed
- Prepare the 2018 Town Guide √ Completed
- Tidy up the frontage of the old Police Station √ Completed
- With the help of Epping Forest DC, plant three new trees in the High Street √ Completed
- Tidy up the frontage of Essex House√ Completed
- Maintain the two rose beds; behind the Budworth Bus Shelter and Library √ Completed
- Continue to work with Chipping Ongar Primary School √ Completed
- Maintain, water and replant as necessary OIB's 9 railing planters and 12 barrels √ Completed
- Should funds become available: to place an extra large self-watering barrel outside Boatman's Opticians.√ Completed
1: New Railing Troughs
In 2017 OIB installed and planted up nine troughs opposite the Budworth Hall
2: Chipping Ongar Primary School Gardening Club
In March 2017 OIB restarted the Gardening Club ↓
3: Ongar Town Guide
OIB were involved with the production of the New Ongar Town Guide.
4: Two Flower Barrels →
OIB installed two new flower barrels in September.
1: Creation and fundraising
OIB was formed in March 2016 to try to make Ongar a greener, cleaner and more beautiful town. The first year involved setting up the organisation, fundraising and acquiring permissions to install new planters.
2 : Planting 5,000 Crocuses
In October 2016 OIB, with the help of Rotary and 3rd Ongar Cubs & Scouts, planted 5000 purple crocuses in recognition of the success of the End Polio Now Campaign
Ongar in Bloom for a more beautiful town. Email us