1. If volunteers are available, place two new Amberol reservoir barrels outside the Budworth Hall.√ Completed
2. Prepare 2019 Ongar Town Guide.√ Completed
3. Run a stall at the Ongar Town Festival
4. Establish the Adopt a Tree, Planter or Area scheme.
5. Maintain, water and replant OIBs 30 planters, six trees and three planted areas.
- Join in with the Great British Spring Clean - 24th March √ Completed
- Install a large octagonal two tier flower barrel √ Completed
- Prepare the 2018 Town Guide √ Completed
- Tidy up the frontage of the old Police Station √ Completed
- With the help of Epping Forest DC, plant three new trees in the High Street √ Completed
- Tidy up the frontage of Essex House√ Completed
- Maintain the two rose beds; behind the Budworth Bus Shelter and Library √ Completed
- Continue to work with Chipping Ongar Primary School √ Completed
- Maintain, water and replant as necessary OIB's 9 railing planters and 12 barrels √ Completed
- Should funds become available: to place an extra large self-watering barrel outside Boatman's Opticians.√ Completed
1: New Railing Troughs
In 2017 OIB installed and planted up nine troughs opposite the Budworth Hall
2: Chipping Ongar Primary School Gardening Club
In March 2017 OIB restarted the Gardening Club ↓
3: Ongar Town Guide
OIB were involved with the production of the New Ongar Town Guide.
4: Two Flower Barrels →
OIB installed two new flower barrels in September.
1: Creation and fundraising
OIB was formed in March 2016 to try to make Ongar a greener, cleaner and more beautiful town. The first year involved setting up the organisation, fundraising and acquiring permissions to install new planters.
2 : Planting 5,000 Crocuses
In October 2016 OIB, with the help of Rotary and 3rd Ongar Cubs & Scouts, planted 5000 purple crocuses in recognition of the success of the End Polio Now Campaign
Ongar in Bloom for a more beautiful town. Email us